Dua hari berturut-turut aku menghadiri temuduga untuk jawatan pensyarah. Satu di IPTS, satu lagi di IPTA. Disebabkan pertembungan waktu antara temuduga kedua di IPTS dan temuduga pertama di IPTA, aku hampir tidak pergi ke Shah Alam. Namun begitu, atas semangat rempit ayahanda, aku telah pergi kedua-dua tempat tersebut semalam. Kudos to ayahanda. Tanpa ayahanda, siapalah anakanda ini.
My second interview at the IPTS was quite ok. I don’t have a clue wether they will hire me or not. He he. With seven panels infront of me, I can’t think straight. All words got jumbled up in my head. Poor me. Five out of seven asked me questions. To end the interview, they asked me to do a mock teaching. Once again I menggelupur. But then again, the president stopped me from teaching because he already became confused. He he.
At Shah Alam, my name was first on the interviewee list. When I reached Shah Alam, the last interviewee is in the meeting room. Thank goodness! I asked the receptionist if I can still sit for the interview, and she said yes. Nani met me there in the Dean’s office. Thanks to her I had some extra motivation to do the interview. While exchanging latest updates about ourselves, the panel asked me to come in. Most of the panels blurted, “hah? Ada sorang lagi?” and they took back their seats. I did my mock presentation from slide one to eight and they didn’t asked me anything about what I had prepared. Alhamdulillah :) They asked some other stuff such as why are you fit to be a lecturer, things like that. At the end of it, a panel asked me, can I make a joke. Wow. This is my forte. My family, especially my mama, loves to ask trivia and jokes. The only joke that I can remember that time is ‘chicken at the outside, fish at the inside’. Do you know that one? After a minute, the a-little-bit-kerek panel gave the right answer, and all of the panel laughed. The one who asked me to tell a joke said to me, “why are you not laughing? Is it a joke or not?” gue sudah masak dengan lawak itu daa..takkan nak gelak lagi..mama kata, join ajelah gelak..not my type la mama..he he..
After that session, me and Nani went to the nearest cafeteria to grab a drink. Nani belanja-ed me :) While waiting for Nani’s carrot juice, I received a call from the faculty, saying that I must attend the second interview. Yipee! (just like Kak Az d Oren replied when I smsed her that I got the second interview. He he.) The second interview was this morning at 8.30am. The caller even reminded me to come early. I was never late before, just this once because I had 2 interviews with same time slot.
So today I had my second interview at Shah Alam. About 20 candidates were there. My hands turned cold and I had to go to the ladies twice. Met Farhan, a friend doing masters with me at UTMsanjunganbangsa. He was also interviewed yesterday, but at a different room. There are 4 faculties interviewing today, and electrical got the last slot because there are almost 15 of us. Once again, my name was at the top of the list. Wt??? Does this university loves me that much? If it is in alphabetical order, the third in the list starts with ‘m’, while the second one starts with ‘t’. I think there is something fishy here. Huh.
Kak Az was there in the room! Adeh Kak Az. Why u didn’t tell me earlier that you’ll be there. I can bring you some rambutans from home. Freshly picked. :D The dean asked me too many technical question. I prepared zero on technical questions like that. I ended up saying stuff that I know and ‘putarkan soalan kepada jawapan yang aku tahu’ :p (mesti Kak Az gelak baca entry aku yang nih. Haip!) Well, muka aku ni memang muka untuk ditanya soalan2 sebegitu kot, sebab candidates lepas aku takde pun dia tanye camtu. Nasib badan la kan dapat soalan macam mana.
All in all, it was a great experience. Kalau aku tak dapat pun, aku tak lah rasa down sangat, sebab aku bersemangat untuk cuba lagi. After all, the panels are human too, just like us. One particular thing is they have the power to take u with them or not. Other than that, life must go on.
2 comments:
aku ada 2 kawan dalam fakulti kejuruteraan, bekas colleague aku,dua dua mengajar semiconductor and design.
Nanti ko dapat masuk sana nanti ko akan jumpa mereka
hey didnt saw ur posting on friday nite..hehehe
tapi tak per dah dpt live update from u :)
Post a Comment